Thursday, December 6, 2007


My friend has been trying to get me to try these fried rice noodles (the extra gummy kind, in a thin but exciting large triangluar shape) forever, and I only wish she had tried harder and earlier so that i could have added them to my regimen. they have more of a -what I imagine to be, in my limited asian outside of china travels - malaysian flavor, and they kick ass. we were an awful addition to their clientele as we shouted in our meager explanatory chinese that one dish wanted no meat, yes spice, one wanted yes meat, no spice, and one wanted both (unless the meat was pork) and wanted the strip-like noodles instead of the triangles. we had to send one back to get the spice that was left out in the confusion, but then it was almost unbearably salty and just got picked at. we forgot to ask for light on the oil, but it still was awesome.

No comments: