Thursday, August 30, 2007

Neverending breakfast possibilites, but all kind of similar


Yesterday morning I was offered donuts or wheat-flour rolls (donuts, please!), which I ate with chopsticks over an empty bowl. The soymilk was scalding hot, so I was instructed to take it to go. God, donuts.


This morning (a new personal favorite), was glutinous rice with soymilk poured over it. Sweetened with a dollop of sweetened condensed milk. Very satisfying texture. Again, every morning I am chided for eating too little too slowly, so every morning host mom sends along a hard-boiled egg with me to eat when I (inevitably) get hungry during class, so that I 'have enough energy' to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hes, this is awesome. but could you send some of that food back here for me? i've been eating pretzel nuggets for dinner.