Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Zhong Yao

Two weeks ago I tried to take some chinese cold medicine preventatively while all my classmates were getting sick. When I didn't get sick that week I gave myself pats on the back for about a week straight, until I caught a cold, and started rounds 2 and 3 of my medicines. I guess since Chinese medicine is "safe" and "doesn't have side effects or interaction problems", you can take as many as you'd like, which I did, according to the different suggestions of teachers, pharmacists, host mom, and host sister. At that point, I was eating most of them like candy (the throat syrup took the flavor recipe precisely from the Swiss Ricola tooting brothers), and when I came back on the bus last night I impulsively bought a chinese medicine "carsick paste" patch at the bus terminal. Then my korean friend told me about a kid that put a whole patch on instead of half a patch, as is recommended for children, and went crazy.

No comments: